Safety Management Systems for Small Business training will give participants the knowledge and basic skills to:|
- Define key occupational safety and health terms and concepts related to a safety management system.
- Identify motivators and benefits for managing safety and health efforts and performance.
- Identify key principles and components of a successful safety management system which include:
- Management Leadership and Employee Involvement
- Worksite Analysis
- Hazard Prevention and Control
- Safety and Health Training
- Evaluate their organization's current safety and health program by comparing it to OSHA's Safety and Health Program Management Guidelines (the Four-Point Workplace Program).
- Identify ways to improve their present safety and health efforts/programs with emphasis on the four components of a safety management system.