Home > Tips/Resources > MN Injury Facts > Minnesota Injury Facts, 1999-2010 > Minnesota Injury Facts, 2008 Edition > Prevention Recommendations
- To prevent falls by infants, use stair gates, supervise walkers, and place bars on windows at second story and above.
- To prevent falls by older adults, increase physical activity, modify the home environment, and manage medications and alcohol use.
Fall Prevention Home Safety Checklist (PDF)
Guard Your Independence! Protect Yourself from Falls (PowerPoint™ presentation)
Remembering When (fire and fall prevention curriculum)
Falls and Older Adults: The Facts
Falls and Older Adults: Home Safety Tips
Falls and Older Adults: Do Home Modifications Now
Osteoporosis: The Bone Thief
Seniors and Accident Prevention
Motor Vehicle Injuries
- To prevent motor vehicle injuries, increase the use of seatbelts and child safety seats
- Drive alert; comply with impaired driving laws and speed laws.
- Support education, enforcement and public policy efforts that increase compliance with seat belt, impaired driving and seat belt laws.
Booster Seat Safety
Buckling Up - The Facts
Minnesota Traffic Facts
Sample Seat Belt Policy
Seat Belt Use (A Sample Safety Talk)
Speeding (A Sample Safety Talk)
Using Seat Belts - The Facts Show it Just Makes Sense
Universal Primary Seat Belt Enforcement - What's In It for Minnesota?
Why Employers Should Care
- Read product and medication labels before use
- Store medicines and household products in their original containers
- Store medicines and household products out of reach of children and pets
- Learn basic first aid for poisoning
First Aid for Poisoning
Pills Can Be Poison, Too
Plants and Poison
Protect Your Garden
Protect Your Household
Protect Your Kids
Protect Your Pets