Seat Belt Campaigns, Strategies and Materials
Buckling up is one of the simplest ways your employees can reduce the risk of injury in a crash — and it's the law in Minnesota. You can use the strategies and materials listed below in conjunction with a statewide "Click It or Ticket" campaign, or at any time throughout the year.
- Free resources from Minnesota NETS. Use the fax order form or submit online. For more information contact Lisa Kons at (651)228-7330 / (800)444-9150.
- Brown bag lunch seminars focused on traffic safety — we'll provide the expert! Contact Lisa (see above).
- E-mail blasts reminding employees of the importance of buckling up!
- Seatbelt policies. Sample templates available online.
- Arrange for marquees or electronic sign boards at your business or organization to carry "Click it or Ticket" messages.
- Partner with your local Towards Zero Deaths/Safe Roads Coalition.
- Contact your local law enforcement agencies to offer assistance and support for the upcoming campaign.
- Display materials in central, high traffic locations such as entrances, lobbies or cafeterias.
- Make outreach efforts to local high schools to communicate seat belt messages â€” employ the PSAs, promotional materials and PA announcements.
- PA announcements — scroll to find on the "Talking Points" page.
- Include "Click It of Ticket" messages on school marquees or electronic sign boards.
- Seatbelt Facts:
- Social Media
- Sample social media posts — use on Facebook and Twitter (#ClickItorTicket) and ask community partners, businesses, schools and others to use the messages.
- Public Service Announcement (32 seconds)
- Click It or Ticket Website: email/share with colleagues, community partners, family/friends and through social media sites.