Train drivers on CSA, the 7 BASICs, scoring & evaluation and FMCSA interventions.
Please note: This new training program is based on the December 2012 changes to the CSA Safety Measurement System (SMS) Methodology.
- Provides an overview of the FMCSA's Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA - formerly CSA 2010) program and a brief discussion of where the data used in CSA comes from
- Helps drivers understand what CSA is and what it means to them and their carrier, including FMCSA interventions
- Covers the seven BASICs (Behavior Analysis Safety Improvement Categories) used in the CSA Safety Measurement System (SMS):
- Unsafe Driving
- Hours of Service (HOS) Compliance
- Driver Fitness
- Controlled Substances and Alcohol
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials (HM) Compliance
- Crash Indicator
- Helps drivers understand severity and time weighting of violations, calculation of BASIC measures ("normalizing" process) and peer comparison within Safety Group Events
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired