The new OSHA Standard requires that companies that do construction activities must "ensure that each of its employees who enter a confined space acquires the knowledge and skill necessary for the safe performance of confined space entry operations"
- Addresses initial and refresher training requirements for the core members of entry team:
- Authorized entrants
- Entry supervisors
- Covers general aspects of working safely in confined spaces while ensuring compliance with the training requirements of the new regulation
- Covers a variety of spaces safety and compliance topics:
- Overview of new regulation
- Hazards inherent to confined spaces on construction jobsites
- Precautions that must be taken before a confined space is entered
- How to recognize and avoid unsafe conditions
- Proper use of required protective and emergency equipment
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components including a Powerpoint, employee handbooks and an awareness poster.