Lasers are common industrial tools that are frequently misunderstood and misused. Nearly 75% of all non-fatal laser injuries involve the eye. In addition, electrical shock is the No. 1 cause of death when working with lasers.
Summit's Laser Safety program dispels the myths about lasers and teaches employees how to safely operate and work with all types of lasers. In Laser Safety workers will learn how to safely work with industrial lasers, including:
Includes facilitator guide, quiz, employee handbooks, and a PowerPoint™ presentation.
- Types of lasers and their classifications
- Potential hazards when working with lasers
- Engineering controls and safe work practices
- Proper eyewear protection for laser operations
- Preventing secondary injury from indirect exposure