National Safety Council's Online Seasoned Driver Defensive Driving
Improve your driving skills, and if you're 55 or older, get a discount on your personal auto insurance. This program is interactive, with the goal of providing drivers with practical knowledge and techniques to avoid collisions and violations. With a defensive driving self-assessment risk survey and vital content on distracted driving and other leading safety issues, this course helps drivers choose safe, responsible and lawful driving behaviors. You can go in and out of this program as often as needed. It will pick up from where you left off.
According to Minnesota state law, people age 55 and older who complete a state approved defensive driving course are eligible to receive a 10 percent, three-year discount on auto insurance. Contact your insurance agent for details.
What you will learn
- Defensive driving strategies and techniques to reduce the chance of a collision
- How drugs, alcohol, physical conditions and emotions affect driving decisions
- How to deal with driver distraction and fatigue
- The dangers of cell phone use while driving
- Physical forces of a collision
- The importance of occupant safety devices and how to use them correctly
To register for the online 8-hour Defensive Driving program:
- Only ONE purchase is allowed at a time.
- For multiple users, make separate purchases for the training.
- Click the purchase button below to register for the training.
- You will receive a follow-up email from the Minnesota Safety Council with:
• The address to begin or return to your training.
• A confirmation of purchase and your receipt.
To purchase, CLICK HERE.
Once you have registered for the program you can access or log back into the training by following these steps.
Click on: RETURNING STUDENT
Enter your ID (email) and password you created.
If you have any questions, please contact Jessica at email@example.com